Sunday, February 28, 2010

Shelby American: Kim Kardashian at Las Vegas Motor Speedway

Tommy Baldwin Racing's #36 Chevrolet - Veteran Mike Bliss has been hired to drive TBR's No. 36 Chevrolet, Kevin Buskirk will be the crew chief, and everyone in the shop seems excited about the possibilities a new season can bring, especially with this new sponsorship deal with Sephora [ CTRL-CLICK image to launch YouTube video of Kim Kardashian at LVMS]. Image and Video Credit: Edmund Jenks (2010)

Shelby American: Kim Kardashian at Las Vegas Motor Speedway

Kim Kardashian, today, just became a part of the history of motor-culture when she and beauty products manufacturer/retailer Sephora, sponsored the #36 NASCAR Sprint Cup Series car driven by Mike Bliss. The #36 car is owned by Tommy Baldwin, Jr. and the sponsorship was managed by Brandthink out of Mooresville, North Carolina.

Kim Kardashian (pictured here standing next to stock car racing and car ownering legend Junior Johnson) after being introduced to the NASCAR faithful before driver introductions for the NASCAR Shelby American at the Las Vegas Motor Speedway. By the way, for promotions, one can not beat the fact that this was the ninth consecutive sellout crowd for a NASCAR Sprint Cup Series event at the Las Vegas Motor Speedway. Image Credit: Edmund Jenks (2010)

This excerpted and edited from Out of Bounds -

Back That Ass Up; behold the Kim Kardashian NASCAR entry
By Rick Chandler - Thu Feb 04,2010 12:15 PM ET

Oh, Lordy. I haven't decided whether this will set NASCAR back 40 years, or end the sport altogether.
----
The glorious details at Kim K.'s web site:

I have to tell you about this amazing sweepstakes Sephora and I are doing! One grand-prize winner and a guest will be flown out to Las Vegas to meet me at my fragrance event at Sephora at the Venetian and attend my launch after-party at Tao!! Tao is one of my favorite clubs in Vegas... you guys will LOVE IT!

And... the part I'm most excited for... you will come to the Shelby American NASCAR Sprint Cup Series event to help me cheer on my car! I can't believe I actually have my own NASCAR racing car! No one has seen this yet, so this is your exclusive first look at my car! What do you think?

Um, I'll defer to you NASCAR fans.

The car is the result of the partnership between Tommy Baldwin Racing, Kardashian and Lighthouse Beauty Marketing, the latter which developed Kardashian's personal fragrance that will debut on Valentine's Day. The car's paint scheme was created in concert with that, and Kardashain will make a personal appearance at the race to, um, hand out samples? That'll be fun.

Hey, NASCAR attendance is down, and it's all about marketing. But I don't see this car making it three laps before being crushed like an empty Mountain Dew can.
Reference Here>>

At the track, Mike Bliss and the Kim Kardashian/Sephora #36 Chavrolet actually made it 47 laps before having an accident in turn 2. Ahhh, the sweet smell of sponsorship!

... notes from The EDJE

No comments: